Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wednesday, January 30, Unsolved Mysteries

Objective:By the end of class, students will be able to analyze non-fiction, IDENTIFY IRONY, make predictions and use laptops to create summaries and visual collages for choice board topics.


DO NOW

WHAT IS IRONIC ABOUT EACH OF THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS?
  • An oral contract isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.
  • Rehab is for quitters!
  • I am becoming increasingly worried that there isn’t enough anxiety in my life.
  • I have this nagging fear that everyone is out to make me paranoid.
 DIRECT INSTRUCTION

Go to my blog - reinaeng2.blogspot.com. Click on this link  click here.

1. Peruse the sight and topics on the left.  They are all REAL unsolved mysteries.
2. Choose an unsolved mystery from any catagory.
3. Read it.
4. On a powerpoint slide, summarize it (who what, when, where, why). Then, since it it still unsolved, make a prediction about what you think happened.
5. Create a visual collage to accompany your summary.  This slide should have at least 6 photos.

Exit Pass

Send to me via email or share on google docs so I can print. karenreina1@gmail.com

Put laptop back where it BELONGS. Thank you :)



No comments:

Post a Comment